Lived Experience Consultation
New Darwin Adult Mental Health Centre
- Immediate support to reduce distress for people experiencing crisis or at risk of suicide,
- A central point to connect people to other services in the region,
- In-house assessment to connect people to the services they need, and
- Short to medium term mental health supports.
|Date & Time||Thursday the 23rd of July 2020
9 am to 2 pm (catering provided)
|Venue||Community Room 2
Palmerston Recreation Centre
11 The Boulevard, Palmerston City
|RSVP||Required in order to meet our COVID-19 Safety Management Plan.|
Lived Experience Participation:
The purpose of the Consultation is to create a safe space for people with Lived Experience to share the knowledge and experience they have gained through
- Access, attempted access, or no knowledge of how to access, services and supports for issues related to mental illness, trauma, alcohol or other drug use and suicide.
- Knowledge and experience gained both within the Darwin region and in other areas.
It is important to note that this Consultation is for people with Lived Experience only.
People with Lived Experience who would like to attend with a Support Person are welcome to register for both people to attend. However, we request that the Support People do not include people acting in a professional or working capacity.
Clinicians or Mental Health Professionals seeking to attend for the purpose of observing are not welcome to attend and will be asked to leave.
Outline for Consultation:
The Consultation will include
- An introduction to the NT Lived Experience Network and its objectives
- An overview for the proposed Adult Mental Health Centre
- The purpose of the Lived Experience Consultation
- Guided workshop activities for people to share their experiences to inform the Darwin Adult Mental Health Centre
- What will happen with the information gathered from the Consultation